Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Update

First of all, I would like to thank everybody for their prayers, and well wishes for my friend Mary.  Anything will help, so thanks to you all. Here's the update....I haven't heard any news yet today, but I guess no news is good news. Last night at work I found out all the details.  If you have a queasy stomach, you might not want to read what I am about to write....Mary is at Westchester Medical center right now in the trauma unit. She is on a respirator or ventilator....whichever is the one that just helps you breathe rather than doing all the work for you.  She had the accident o her ay home from work sat night.  She was found Sunday morning around 4 am only a half mile form her home in Pennsylvania.  She was rushed to westchester where they immediately removed her spleen, and removed her skull to release pressure from her brain.  My boss went to see her. He said she isn't looking good.  All we can do is pray.  The doctors did say though that every once in a while she will choke and gag and it's because she is trying to breathe against the machine and breathe on her own, so that is a very good sign.  She did however, get a fever last night. The doctors think though that it's just her body reacting to the surgery she had, and trying to prevent infection.  She is in a coma right now.  They aren't sure the extent of brain damage, or if there is any. I am praying and thinking about her every minute. I had to work on the bar last night, and all I could think about was her because she is the one who trained me.  I don't know why this happened to such a wonderful person....please pray for her and keep her in your thoughts. Thank you everybody! I will let you know if I find out any more information about her condition.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey girl!
thanks for the comments on my page. i'm glad that you are typing away on this... it really does help to feel better when you get things out... and sometimes writing/typing are the BEST way to get them out. no judgement!! :) of you course you know you can always come to me for a judge free zone too! you are right about no news being good news, but i hope you hear something positive soon. she has a lot of people pulling and praying for her! and for her family and all her friends too!
hope you are having the best day you can!!
love ya!! xooxoxo me

Crystal said...

Thank you for the update. Glad to know she's still hanging in there. We'll all keep you both in our thoughts and prayers.